Sunday, January 6, 2008

One More Pack for the Year

I had decided that I would not pick up any more packs of cards until the 2008 cards hit the shelves…

...but then I started this here blog and well, I bought 1 more pack just to post here.

Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects

BDP11 Tim Lincecum - Great prospect, had a good first year for the Giants. Too bad the Giants won't score any runs for him this year. Cain and Lincecum should anchor the rotation long enough to rebuild and get some bats not named Barry.

BDP42 Curtis Thigpen

BDPP12 Freddie Freeman Chrome

BDPP75 Luke Hochevar Chrome - #1 pick a year ago. It's almost impossible to predict whether he'll be a good pro pitcher. Teams have used the first pick wisely as of late. 7 out of the last 10 top picks have played significant amounts in the bigs. (This one is up for trade since I now have 2)

BDP25 Hunter Pence Gold Chunk - Outstanding rookie season. Finished 3rd in ROY behind Braun and Tulowitzki.

BDPP30 Justin Jackson - played High School baseball with Cameron Maybin. Had a tough first short season of pro ball.

BDPP88 German Duran - never heard of him but his stats show he is getting better every year.

Pretty good pack, I think. I guess I will have to wait and see if the prospects can make it and Pence and Lincecum have sophmore success.

1 comment:

chris said...

Interesting link to the top overall draft picks. It's always nice to see Brien Taylor's name again.