Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mets Report:

Its been a while since I did a Mets Report. After the Randolph firing debacle, the Mets settled into a .500 pace while the Phillies lost about 9 in a row. The Mets then get hot and now they are in a pennant race. I didn't want to post during their winning streak because of my irrational belief that my actions affect the Mets or any other team I pull for.

Player of the Year: Currently it's Carlos Delgado. He has caught fire! Delgado has 23 HR's including 4 in the last 7 games. I had given up on him earlier in the year. I still hope the Mets go out and sign Teixeira in the off season. Honorable Mention to Fernando Tatis. (And yes, it's really David Wright.)

Pitcher of the Year: Johan is pitching great. His 9-7 record doesn't do him justice. I wish he could pitch a little further into each game to reduce the chance of Heilman and the bullpen boys giving up 6 in the the ninth to the Phillies.

NL East: Run differential says the division should be Phillies, Mets, Braves, Marlins, Nationals. I guess all those homeruns make up for the Marlins lack of pitching and defense. The Braves are done and the Nationals never were so that leaves 3 teams for 1 spot in the playoffs. I assume the wildcard will come from the Central Division. The Phils added Blanton but I am not sold on their pitching. How many of their starters have been demoted to AAA this year? All of them?

I was hoping the Mets would deal Fernando Martinez for Matt Holiday or even Jason Bay. Alou is out with a bout of oldness while Church is on his way back from his concussedness. Bay is now in Boston, Griffey is in Chi-town, and Manny is in LA. The Mets get Church back and possibly Pedro for a start or two. I kinda wish the Mets a made some kind of move. Fuentes from Colorado?

I am going all in and saying Manuel leads the Mets to the playoffs!!! Take that, Phillies and Marlins!

2 comments:

dayf said...

Need out an outfielder? Braves will trade you Mark Kotsay...

desert plume said...

My Mets Report: What you said!