Sunday, November 9, 2008

I'm at it again!

About a year ago, I decided to reduce the ridiculous quantity of baseball cards that sit in my closet. I decided that I would take apart my sets (mostly from 1985 - 1991). I pulled the cards I thought I wanted to keep and carefully placed the rest in File 13. SHOCK...GASP! At first it was painful but once the cards were out of sight, I didn't think of them anymore. And the cool part was that the rest of my collection became more accessible to me.

Then I started this blog and realized that there are collectors out there who are still building sets or collecting every card of their favorite team. So I halted the card chucking and stored the cards in the "for trade section" of my closet. I filled some random needs of White Sox cards, sent a big box of wants to Stale Gum, and even found a small stack of Indians for Tribe Cards. Want lists are popping up everywhere but very few contain 1994 Collector's Choice or this 1993 Jimmy Dean Wayne Kirby. (and yes, David at Tribe Cards already has it.)

So I have decided to send a few more cards to the landfill, where they will be loved every bit as much as they are loved here. I sorted through them all, keeping players that I think someone might actually want such as Dale Murphy, Andre Dawson, Albert Belle, and the likes. The rest are going to be sacrificed so that your 80's and 90's commons will be just a little bit rarer! As the contents of my blog testify, I like bad cards as much as anybody, but enough is enough.

They are not gone yet so if there are any objections or pleas for Mike Scott or anybody else to be saved, comment now or forever hold your judgment of this cardboard cleansing.

7 comments:

AlbuqwirkE said...

Please don't destroy any Steve Finley cards!

PTBNL said...

I'll love your old Phillies cards.

White Sox Cards said...

I will take any and all White Sox cards and redistribute them to loving homes.

night owl said...

I will gladly take any Dodgers. Just shoot me an email and I'll give you my address (and most probably send you something that fits in your collection in return).

Captain Canuck said...

I wonder if a Mets guy has any Braves he wants to be rid of...

--David said...

I will always take Indians cards, even if I already have them. I have "discovered" a few other Indians cards collectors and would love to spread the love... :-)

I'll even PayPal you the money for shipping!

gcrl said...

i would take any dodgers that night owl doesn't get first.