Friday, January 30, 2009

2009 Topps at Target!!!

No scans 'cause of the snapping, crackling, and popping but....

I went to the old Target tonight and found a 2009 Topps Series 1. They seem to have come a little early this year.

My first impressions:
1. Don't love the design. It blends late 90's score with current Upper Deck. But it might look awesome in chrome.
2. Topps Town cards are WAY cooler when they have different players on them.
3. I'll be buying a set of the Turkey Red inserts. (So that means I have a Lincecum that will be an extra if anyone is interested.

I bought 2 packs. I am going to try to limit my retail pack buying to 2 packs per release. (I am going to go in with my bro on a few hobby boxes of something or other) I'll keep you updated on how the self restraint is going.

4 comments:

dayf said...

Wow, that was quick... I see gold on the Bay so the stuff is definitely live. get some pics you slacker!

night owl said...

Great. I went to Target yesterday. Nothing. Now I don't think I can even get back there until next week. Baaah!!!!

dinged corners said...

Bet lots of blogger people will be visiting Target this weekend. I'm just sayin'.

Scott said...

I think these cards are some of the best put out by Topps (series 1 type anyway) in recent years.