Saturday, February 28, 2009

Basketball Cards Part 1

I don't know why, but I have these basketball cards from the 70's:As you can see by the Mel Daniels card on the bottom right, Mel was a selfish player; he was always thinking of himself (see thought bubble).

I have heard of Goodrich, Daniels, and Hawkins but I'm not old enough to remember the ABA. The Carolina Cougars were a NC regional team that played in Charlotte, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, and Raleigh. (What I wouldn't give for a Major League team like that!) The Cougars ended up as the the Spirits if St. Louis and were one of only 2 ABA teams to make it to the end and NOT join the NBA.

As cool as it is to own a card of a Carolina Cougars player, these cards want to be free of me.
I'll trade them to you for 1 baseball card
OR
a really good reason that you should have them.

5 comments:

dayf said...

MINE MINE MINE!

I HAVE METS

THEY SHALL BE YOURS

davesworld62 said...

If my memory is correct, I'm pretty sure you inherited those cards...

(PS. That is not being offered as a reason that they should belong to me.)

Carl Burrows said...

Hello there!

I have been enjoying reading through your blog for some time now so I thought I would tell you about a DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair forum that I am a member of, www.HouseRepairTalk.com.

It has a ton of great information on Carpentry & Woodworking,
Flooring, Walls, & Ceilings, Roofing & Siding, Framing & Foundation, HVAC, D├ęcor & Painting, Garden and Lawncare, and much more!

It's free and easy to sign up! I hope to see you there!

Thanks!

Carl Burrows
http://www.houserepairtalk.com
carlburrows@houserepairtalk.com

chris said...

Did this blog somehow just morph into a home improvement blog? The Bob Villa post has repercussions that no one could have predicted.

devin said...

old skool bball cards were the shiiiiiit