Sunday, February 15, 2009

Late to the 2008 Goudey Party

Earlier in the year, I bought a blaster and a few packs of 2008 Goudey and liked them very much, especially the retired players like Richie Ashburn and Catfish Hunter. I have been trying to save money as of late (my wife and I are going to Europe this summer!), but I couldn't resist the lure of $11 blasters at the local K-Mart. I bought 1 and got about 50 cards that I didn't have and a few fun inserts and SP's. I thought that with one more blaster I might be able to get a few cards closer to a complete base set. Well, a FEW is exactly how many closer I got! Well, here's to trying to go after a previous year's set while everybody else is going nutty over this year's new models.

I do have a knack for pulling good inserts of non-baseball players though. These are up for trade for anyone who is building the WHOLE set. My "baseball only" want list is to the right.

(With a scanner on loan, I hope to get back into the blogging world. Baseball season is on the horizon! Is it OK that I'm not that excited about the Livan Hernandez on the Mets?)

UPDATE: Hit Parade Gretzky is heading out to Big Nacho!
UPDATE 2: Royalty Kobe to Slette!

5 comments:

paulsrandomstuff said...

I don't think too many people are excited about the Livan Hernandez signing... I know I'm not.

Livan seems excited anyway. He thinks he can win 15 games this year.

FanOfReds said...

I'm trying to build the whole set - my need list is at: http://fanofreds.blogspot.com/2008/10/trades-my-needs-haves-list.html

I can probably help you out with the base cards...

Bay Rat North West said...

I am excited he is on the Mets! That means the Reds will not have to pay for him when he breaks down.

dinged corners said...

Hearing about Livan, I recall saying, in the most deflated imaginable voice, "uh.oh."
:[

Slette said...

I'd gladly trade you my extra Chipper Jones SR for the Kobe SR. If you're interested, you can email me at epslette AT hotmail DOT com!