Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Basketball Cards Again???

Two big responses to the 1st batch of old-school basketball cards:

1. Duane wants them to fulfill my part of a trade. Reasonable, fair, and logical, but not quite in the spirit of the previous bball card post.

2. Dayf claimed "Mine, Mine, Mine!" Now that's a well thought out reason that I am forced to consider.

But like on the Price is Right showdown, beware of the first showcase. Who knows what wonders await in showcase #2?

2 Walt Fraziers, an Elvin Hayes, AND Gail Goodrich on the New Orleans Jazz (that makes way more since than Jazz in Utah!). But wait, there's more: Rick Barry on 2 different leader cards including Free Throws (I think he shot like a granny!). BUFFALO BRAVES leaders!!!!!! Dan Issel WITH his front teeth. Artis Gilmore's AFRO. Bob McAdoo's CHOPS. And Rudy Tomjanovich before he got decked on the court. I'm a madman for not wanting to keep these!!!

Once again: I'll trade these for ONE baseball card
OR
a really good reason you should have them.


I will be making final decisions about both sets cardboard gems by the end of the week. Good luck to all. Or the two of you who care!

1 comment:

DaveH said...

I would love these cards. I grew up in Louisville, KY -- one mile from Freedom Hall where the ABA's Kentucky Colonels played. I remember going to Colonels games around 1973-74, shortly after these cards. Gilmore and Issel were dominant in the league and wildly popular in the 'Ville. I thought that afro was the craziest thing ever. Unfortunately, the mom & pop grocery in our neighborhood had only Topps baseball and no basketball--I never got to buy these at the time.