Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Overdue New Stuff Part 1, Drywall is Up

Thanks to all the well-wishers. The drywall is up and the new molding is in place. Paint is next! My wife and I have spent TOO much time in the one room of our house not affected by the toilet flood waters.

Thanks to Brian of the still, yet to be posted on, Play at the Plate blog. I sent him some junk and he sent me some 2008 Goudey set needs and a few Mets. These 2 were especially interesting:

2002 Fleer Authentix, with the accent on TIX Mark Corey
2002 Topps Finest Refractor Edgardo AlfonzoThe Alfonzo Finest card is gaudy and great. The Corey card seems to contain a tiny fake ticket. Game torn tickets would be cool. I'm sure this card will replace whatever pedestrian card now sits in my 1-of-every-Met binders.

Thanks to Canuck for also taking my junk and sending me Mets. There was a shiny Phil Humber:
This card forces me to ask: What happened to Humber? Since getting dealt to Minnesota in the Johan deal, Phil continues to underwhelm in AAA. The shininess of this BASE card is overwhelming, thus making this card completely "whelming"??????

Carl Crawford Cards sent 2 Mike Hampton autos from 1996 Leaf. ON CARD! And I won a card in Virgil Trucks-Fest.
I now have an extra Hampton auto for trade. And the Trucks card will join a few 1955 Bowman in my collection of slightly too large cards.

Kerry, aka Madding, sent my first game-used David Wright card for a few Cards Cards. And another thing: IT'S PANTS!!!
More to come. I miss my sofa, and my kitchen, and multiple bathrooms.

1 comment:

Joshua Sophy said...

Home inspections in Chinese drywall cases have begun: http://www.newsinferno.com/archives/12231#more-12231