Sunday, September 27, 2009

Overdue New Stuff Part 3, Still Need a New Couch

The insurance paid to have the couch cleaned, but my wife has issues with things that have been wet. Could there be mold INSIDE the sofa? Maybe! She never liked it that much anyway. Here are the last of the new additions during the great Toilet flood of 2009:

Thanks to Brock or my first Zistle trade. I sent him a load of Mets and he sent 11 cards, all of which I needed for my 1-of-Every-Met collection.
Fun variety of cards! Brock's favorite is the Siebert. I have to believe it is because his jersey says JUICE! The Figueroa was most interesting because he was drafted by the Mets in 1995, was traded around the league, and then finally made his Met debut in 2008.

The final card he sent was this:
I am no LoDuca fan, but I LOVE Turkey Red. This Refractor Auto looks great. It replaces an A&G base card in my Mets collection. Truly GREAT trade for ME!

Thanks to Chris of 1980 Topps Cards for filing some HOF needs:

The HOFers that I am missing are tough to find, so 11 in one shot is awesome. The Rube Foster is my favorite. Plenty more 1998 Donruss for Chris and anyone else who needs some.

Thanks to Bo for the Stack-o-Mets. They are filed away already. Sorry! I know that you sent a Roy Lee Jackson and a John Pacella in Mets attire that replaced two cards sans Mets gear.

Thanks to Kevin of Orioles Card of the Day for this Mickey Weston card:
When I purged cards about 2 years ago, I had this card. I wasn't collecting 1 of every Met and honestly don't remember Mickey ever playing for the Metropolitans.

Since the house is back in order, regular posting should return. We'll see!

4 comments:

Carl Crawford Cards said...

What are those Negro League cards? Make and model, please. Don't think I've seen them before. Those are awesome!

MattR said...

Congrats on getting the house back.

mmosley said...

The Negro League cards are from the 1993 or 1994 Ted Williams set.

Paul P said...

Very good post.