Monday, October 19, 2009

Tito Fuentes Baseball-Reference Sponsor!

I finally took the plunge and did the only thing a self-proclaimed Tito Fuentes Super-Collector could do:

I am now the sponsor of the Tito Fuentes page at baseball-reference.com. I use the site several times a week (Yes, I am a stats junkie!). I figured I should do my duty and pay for my use of the web's best free sabermetric wonderland. I guess that makes it not free for me!

To commemorate this great day for Stats on the Back, I present one of the few autographed collectibles I own:
Tito inscribed it, "Safe at 3rd base 8-29-66." According to retrosheet, Tito did not reach third that day. I think this game against the Phillies happened earlier that year. That's Dick Allen just missing Fuentes. Go check out baseball-reference and retrosheet if you haven't already.

I have plenty more Tito posts to come. TITO 23!!!

3 comments:

Mark's Ephemera said...

I think that the date is actually, 7-22-66.

In that game, Fuentes doubles in the first inning and makes it to third on Haller's ground out. Fuentes then scores off of Mays' single.

Look at the boxscore for that game at retrosheet.org .

Collective Troll said...

Great pic and autograph! I love Baseball Ref and I use it several times a day. Waxaholic was the first blogger that I know of who sponsored a page and since then I have been hooked on finding and sponsoring pages. Jonny Gomes was my first. I am up to 13 pages and counting now...

James said...

Congrats on the sponsorship. I really use that site a lot too and sponsor a couple of ex-Mets.

That's a great looking autograph piece too.