Blog Home of IDrawBaseballCards on Twitter @mosley_mark

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

1981 Fleer Team by Team Tribute: Expos

Since I am in a hotel, NOT being paid for by my insurance company, I decided to check out my draft folder from quite a while ago (Oct 2008). I never finished my 1981 Fleer Team by Team tribute. Apparently, it's Expos time!

Rowland Office!
Rowland has a few things going for him.

1. Sweet Name: Rowland Johnie Office. Even his middle name is cool.

There is a Brave-centric blog, Rowland's Office. Clever use of a good name, but much too Brave-ish for my delicate Met sensibilities. book

2. Afrotasticness: I am pretty sure that is a word.

His Expo hat may be hiding a giant bald spot between two Afro-Puffs.
OR
Rowland has a full-size Afro, part of which fits neatly under said Expo hat.
Either way, any Afro is alright in my .

3. Style: XL wrist bands & jacket

His nylon jacket could mean he just finished the day shift at Leon's Barber Shop or he is about to bowl a few frames at the Montreal Bowl-A-Rama. The wrist bands say he is a sweaty man's man!

The Expos finished 1 lousy game behind the World Champion Phillies in the NL East. Oh well, the Expos are now the Nats and until they put a decent team on the field, no one will care.

If you like this one, more 1981 Fleer posts can be found here.

3 comments:

Matt Runyon said...

That's not very nice of your insurance company. :(

Paul P said...

I couldn't agree with you more! Rowland is one cool cat.

Jim from Downingtown said...

In 1978, the Phillies outfield featured 3 primo afros on the heads of Bake McBride, Garry Maddox, and Jose Cardenal. (And 5 years earlier, they had Oscar Gamble!)