1. 1982 Fleer: This is a bad looking set, as was 1981 and to a lesser extent 1983. Fleer got it right from 1984 to 1987 before messing it all up again in 1988. I think that the team logo should always be on the front of the card although most cards have now trended away from this practice.
2. Photography: This is not a good photograph. It is of similar picture quality as others in the set but even for a head-shot, this is terrible.
3. Cropping: Was cropping photos not an option in 1982. I am not suggesting that zooming in is a good option but at least show us some action in that space to the right of his head.
4. Helmet: Is it too small? Is it about to come off because he just motored down the line to beat the throw at first? Or does Hal lack the will to push the helmet all the way onto his head?
5. Beard: The beard is a little bit impressive! He may have spent the last year in a cave or he could be participating in the NHL playoffs. His son, Brian, did later sport an updated version of this beard of beards in the 1990's.
6. LaVar Burton: This is not actually Hal McRae. It appears to be LaVar Burton, of Roots, Star Trek:TNG, and my personal favorite, Reading Rainbow.