Blog Home of IDrawBaseballCards on Twitter @mosley_mark

Sunday, March 29, 2009

"Utley Steals Second" Evokes "Luis Swipes Base"

I have bought a few packs of 2009 Heritage. I like them more than previous year's Heritage sets because they decided not to distort the images quite so much. This one in particular caught my eye:I instantly thought of my one and only 1960 Topps card, elegantly creased through the middle:
Maybe Utley should have swiped his rather than simply stealing it, but I won't be too picky. The odd, overlapping League logos adds to the authentic flavor of this card. Despite my increasing distaste for the Phils (not yet to Bravian proportions), Topps did a great job with this one.

Even the backs are spot on:

I'll have some 2009 MLB predictions up soon. There is no way I am picking my Mets. I am more than a little superstitious about such things!

3 comments:

LongFlyBall said...

Maybe this is just me, but if I had your 60's card and pulled the '09. The first thing I'd do is crease the '09 to match. Cool cards!!

Scott said...

Very cool. Funny that you instantly recalled your 1960 card and the similarity.

dinged corners said...

Where are you, Mr. Stats?